Happy 2019 to you all!
I recently read The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck and decided to share some gems of wisdom that might benefit us all going into the New Year. Enjoy!
- A positive experience is a negative experience but accepting a negative experience is a positive experience: what this is trying to say is that we need to view unpleasant circumstances as a time of growth and to welcome them with open arms
- Pain serves a purpose and is part of the process
- Happiness requires struggle
- Good values are:
- reality based
- socially constructive
- Bad values are:
- socially destructive
- not immediate
- not controllable
- The human mind is a jumble of inaccuracy
- The more something threatens your identity, the more you will avoid it
- Define yourself in the most simple and ordinary way possible
- Improvement is based on tiny failures
- growth generates happiness
While these are not my own words, I have found them very valuable in realigning my priorities in life and learning to accept things rather than fight them.
I hope these help you as well and I would strongly encourage everyone to go read the book