Series: If I stay #2
Genre: Young adult, romance
And three years he’s spent wondering why.
When their paths cross again in New York City, Adam and Mia are brought back together for one life-changing night.
Adam finally has the opportunity to ask Mia the questions that have been haunting him. But will a few hours in this magical city be enough to lay their past to rest, for good – or can you really have a second chance at first love?
This is going to be a super short review. I read this book a while back but it still gives me chills (good chills) here’s why.
- Since If I stay was from Mia’s perspective it was refreshing to see this book through Adam’s POV. It was so much darker and filled with rage in my opinion.
- I was rather eager for an epilogue to the events that unfolded in If I stay and this was it, this was like a 200 page epilogue of everything that happened after and oh my lord.
- The book is only centered around one day but again Gayle Forman includes detailed emotions which attach you to the character and they elongate the story.
- I applaud Forman’s character development skills. Adam was such a broken character and I could feel his grief, fury and frustration with life. There is so much heartbreak present in this novel that I’m still picking up pieces of my heart off the floor oh.
- Incorporating fame into Adam’s life and how it impacted him so greatly was such a clever idea, it just made the story so much more powerful.
- All the songs included at the beginning of the chapters are so emotion packed, I think Gayle Forman should consider a career in songwriting.
- Mia annoyed me for leaving Adam. I mean I get that she needed a break and Adam reminded her of her past but really? you just abandon the one person who stayed through the worst time in your life, really.
I cant say anything more without spoiling the first or second book so that’s all I guess.
I highly recommend you pick this book up if you’re in for a emotion packed read. And the movie to if i stay is coming out soon so read the book before the movie come on.